- If you are interested in more information or would like to provide a recommendation, please reach out to our search committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review our Cornerstone Church Profile to learn more about us!
Cornerstone Church is seeking a Senior Pastor who will help us in Building Courageous Authentic Christ Followers. (Our church mission statement.)
Personal Traits Needed
- Expository Preacher – compelling communicator of Scripture-based truth and the Gospel of grace applied to practical living. An authentic Christ follower.
- Visionary – a strategic leader able to come alongside the vision and direction of the
congregation that motivates and engages all ages of the church from youth to seniors
that carry out our vision.
- Shepherd’s Heart – a Pastor who is approachable, relational, compassionate, and
humble in nature with all age groups. A man (and family) who seeks to live in and with the congregation. (1 Timothy 3:2)
- Spiritual Walk – lifelong learner who exhibits ongoing personal spiritual growth and professional development. A man who is comfortable with prayer both personally and with others.
- Manager – able to work with a small part-time staff, Council, Committees and small
groups effectively. Capable of leading change where needed and delegating where
- Skilled in Discipleship – a heart to disciple church members by example, instruction, and preaching the Word of God.
- Outreach – a focused priority on evangelism and outreach, missions (at home and
abroad), and successful engagement of the next generation.
- Understand the Times – is current on issues of the day, along with a clear understanding of their philosophical and theological foundations, and proven ability to equip the congregation to respond with a Biblical worldview. (Hebrews 13:8)
- Practical Ministry – appreciation of how technology can extend the reach of the Gospel to minister to people outside of our walls.
- Ordained in the CRC or RCA. Master of Divinity or Equivalent.
- Open to any amount of ministry experience.